An Anti-Money Laundering (AML) check is an identity assessment to ensure all investors are who they claim to be and are not investing on behalf of somebody else. Under the regulations set by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), Threedeemee is required to provide appropriate identity evidence for investors when transactions take place. This is to prove that all investors seeking to invest in a business via Threedeemee are who they say they are, no matter how small or large the investment. In most cases these checks will be completed in the background eIDV (Electronic Identity Verification)’ system. However, if Threedeemee is unable to verify you by this system then we may require a copy of two documents, one to confirm your identity and one to confirm your address. We will send you an email asking for these, which includes details on what kind of documents we can accept, and a link to upload these. Please note if we are unable to verify your identity as an Investor, we will not be able to process your investment and it may be cancelled as a result and your investment returned. Once your identity has been verified we will process your investment and contact you once a year to re-confirm validity of documents.

Documents we cannot accept include, but are not limited to, provisional driving licences, mobile phone bills and credit card statements.

Please see a list of accepted documents below:

1: Photo ID:–

  • Current signed passport
  • Original birth certificate
  • EEA member state identity card
  • Current UK or EEA photo card driving licence [not provisional andonly if not used for proof of address]
  • National identity card bearing a photograph

2: Proof of address:–

  • Full driver’s licence [not provisional and only if not used for ID] o Utility bill issued within the last three months
  • Council tax bill issued within the last three months
  • Bank, building society or credit union statement issued within thelast three months
  • Electoral register entry
  • NHS medical card
  • Original mortgage statement from a recognised lender issued forthe last full year
  • Solicitor’s letter confirming completed recent house purchase orland registry confirmation of address
  • Council or housing association rent card or tenancy agreement forthe current year
  • Inland Revenue self-assessment or tax demandDocuments can be scanned and uploaded electronically.